Saturday, June 6, 2009

Great kick off.

Tonight was a great kick off to our AGM. The speakers were amazing.

Nadeem Esmail gave us great insight into just how poorly our healthcare compares on the national and even global scene.

John Carpay very eloquently laid out how our freedom of speech is infringed upon and the relevance of protecting it.

Dave Yager had us in stitches; despite the grim picture he portrayed for the future of the O & G industry. Most of the laughs though were at the expense of the PC's. Well, not all of them, but I think you can figure out the one or two he may have named for the brunt of his jokes.

It feels a bit like Christmas Eve for me. There has been months of preparation, good food and drink will be consumed. Old friends will get reacquainted and new friendships will be forged. Most exciting though, is that there will a number of things finally "unwrapped". It will take some pressure off me as I will be able to freely discuss the things that I have had to keep hush, hush.

Other things might not be so obvious; but if you are there and looking for clues...you might just put an interesting puzzle together.

That's all for now, I have to put the finishing touches on my two speeches for tomorrow.

OH and Happy Birthday to my sister Irene!!! I know I will not get a chance to call you tomorrow.

No comments: