Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hope you like being cozy....

Stewie our dog is quite happy the road trips are done for now. Not sure which he dislikes more; sitting in the car while we are at meetings or being left at home alone.

All in all, they were a success. Great turnouts in the urban areas; smaller in the rural, but met some really great people. Like Rick, he owns a gas station and pub on a secondary highway. He has a sign outside begging for Ralph to come back. When I went inside to chat with him, he explained what we really need is the Wildrose Alliance. I wish I had a picture of the look on his face when I told him who I was. The man was beside himself that I actually stopped in. I left him with a number of brochures and my card; I suspect the pub will be "a buzz" for awhile.


Now, back to the topic at hand...being cozy. The AGM registrations are coming in hard and heavy.

It wasn't that long ago that we deliberated the venue. You want to book enough room, but keep costs in line with anticipated turn out. We have a venue that can comfortably fit 150 and up to 200 if needed. Well, if this week is any indication we will be closer to the latter figure and it is too late in the game to find a bigger venue. (Especially during the grad/wedding season)

So it will be an excellent opportunity to snug-up and make new friends.... and there will be a number of new faces in the crowd. Including as I understand it, a couple of leadership "hopefuls".

Some additional speakers have been confirmed.

Friday night line up includes:

Nadeam Esmail,
Wilf Gobert,
John Carpay.

Saturday lunch: Danielle Smith.
Saturday dinner: Tom Flanagan.


All these great speakers, plus three meals, well worth the registration fee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to being there Jane, I am excited for this party.