Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Clarification of my remarks

Some media outlets today are reporting on the resignation of Paul Hinman. They are taking remarks that I made in respect to feedback from a segment of our members and making it appear as though I shared those thoughts.

They are using phrases like; “despite criticism from the Alliance's executive director” or “... the party's executive director publicly questioned whether Hinman had the "charisma" to attract ....”

I would like to make it clear, I (personally) have never questioned Paul’s ability as a leader nor criticized him. My comments were strictly giving an answer to “What are you hearing from members" and were taken out of context.

I support Paul as our leader and have a great deal of respect for him personally. I look forward to joining Paul on the road this week in Edmonton and Red Deer at our scheduled Town Halls.

No comments: